Some businesses pay for services that provide guards to protect their property or assets around the clock which can be a daunting cost. As an alternative, ATS through its vendor relationships can provide “remote” monitoring of your system at a flat rate or based on the number of incidents. For example, a door opens after a certain time at night, or a pressure valve goes off, a certain temperature is reached, or a window breaks. When one of those triggers are set off, the security person on duty gets a notification of this, logs into your system and does a virtual patrol without having to be on-site. This is much more cost effective and efficient method to prevent theft or prevent an unwanted situation. Along with the security personnel interacting with the system and authorities, the point of contact is called, emailed, or texted at the time of the event so they are aware of what is going on.
- Is this the simple solution to password re-use?
- Google and Microsoft boffins playing nicely together to stop replay attacks in their tracks
- New EU Privacy Laws Will Complicate B2B Data Sharing
- Pacemaker Ecosystem Fails its Cybersecurity Checkup
- Cybersecurity Training Nonexistent at One-Third of SMBs